Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Winning Ticket?

April 2, 2009 – Day 92

I’m not much of a gambler but since Cathy and Barry won just under $77,000.00 a few weeks ago, Ken and I thought we should buy a couple tickets and try our luck as well. Today I finally remembered to buy those tickets. After finding out that they were only $2 each, I decided to splurge; I bought 3!

After the cashier told me how much the tickets cost, the conversation between her and I went something like this: I’ll take 3 please. What kind? What kind?! Quick picks please. No, what kind of quick picks? Oh, there are more than one kind? There are 3 kinds. Oh. What kinds are there? She named the 3 different kinds and I recognized “649” so that’s the kind I bought. :-)

What is the "Extra" on this ticket? You must have to pay extra? lol Should I have paid the extra? Does it increase your chances of winning?

It might take me weeks to remember to check the numbers after the draw date, which I’m assuming by the ticket is Saturday, April 4th.

3 comments:

  1. LOL you are such a cronic gambler! Just kidding, the extra is the set of numbers at the bottom of your ticket, if you pay the extra dollar and your number matches the extra numbers you win $100,000. There are subsiduary prizes for the last six, five, four, three, two and one numbers. The last number match I think is a free play or $2, and it works its way up from there. I always play the extra when I buy my tickets, I've won several free plays, a few times $10, but it's pretty hard to match all of the numbers, one day I'm going to hit on something...and no not a man! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I never understood all of the rules. One time got 4 numbers I think and it was $70.00 or I think. But we don't play much either.

    ReplyDelete