Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thanks Stacey

April 29, 2009 – Day 119

My cousin Carol recommended a book to me – Tears of the Desert, A Memoir of Survival in Darfur by Halima Bashir. I don’t have a library card but my co-worker, Stacey, ordered it for me on her card. The book came in and we walked to the library at lunchtime today to pick it up.

I started reading it on the bus ride home (a bus ride that took half an hour longer tonight because our bus broke down and we had to wait at that stop for the next bus). What I’ve read of the book so far has been very interesting. I'm planning to go to bed a little early tonight so I can read more - and I think it’s going to be hard to put down.

If I get back into reading, I'll get a library card of my own again.

2 comments:

  1. That was really nice of your friend! I head that this book is really good, if I have some time this summer maybe I'll read this one too. Let me know what you think of it once your done, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to really enjoy reading. Then along came the internet and video games. I really should get back into it one of these days. Sandy recently bought me a book I read over 10 years ago. One of my all time favorites so I'm going to try and start with that one.

    ReplyDelete