Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Goodbye Winter!

April 8, 2009 – Day 98

We still had a lot of snow on the ground on Monday but it’s been warm and melting like crazy. I can’t believe it but our snow is almost gone (other than in those shady spots), melted away in a matter of three days! For those of us who aren’t so fortunate to live where there is virtually no snow, we really appreciate spring and the warmer weather! It got up to +10C today and, other than the chill of the wind, felt somewhat like a tropical paradise. I’m still not daring enough to “shed” my winter coat though!

There are even signs of life (neighbourhood kids) on our street these wonderful SPRING days!

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the fact that all of this white stuff is disappearing so quickly! It's so hard to believe that it wasn't too long ago I could hardly see your across the street neighbors from your window due to snow and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can finally get our frozen Christmas decorations out of the ground! We tried late last week and they were still frozen in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horray......it makes me sooo happy to have warm weather! I love this idea of taking pictures every month from the window. I can't wait until the end of the year when we can back and see all of the changes from one window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. April 14th... and we wake up to a huge snow blizzard. I know it will melt soon, but this is getting ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete