Monday, April 13, 2009

Hand me Down Recipes

April 13, 2009 – Day 103

I took a break from designing to work on other things today. I had some laundry, housework and cooking to do but I also spent about four hours on another big project I’m currently working on. I’m going through all my cookbooks and typing up all my favourite recipes. When I’m finished, I’ll print a copy for each of my kids.

I’ve been working on this project off and on for months, probably over a year altogether but I’ve set a goal for myself to have it done by Christmas this year. Today I counted how many recipes I have left to type and there are 111 (from a wide variety of cookbooks). I believe I can manage that by Christmas time.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea, are you going to get them bound? You can get that done at Staples, I'm not sure just how much this would cost but I think that it'd be well worth it to have this made into books for each of them, can I have a copy as well? Pleeeeeease! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ, there is scanning software that can convert a scanned image to text. It came with our HP scanner anyway. That would probably save you a lot of typing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THERE IS A SCANNING SOFTWARE THAT CONVERTS SCANNED IMAGES TO TEXT?!!! Are you kidding?! OMGosh...I think I NEED that software!! I wonder if the text is editable? For example, could I add the cookbook/author/page below each recipe?

    Binding is a great idea...would look so professional but I was just planning to put them into binders so we could add to them as time goes by.

    I would be willing to send electronic copies to anyone who wants one but printing them all myself would get to be expensive.

    And if any of you have favourite recipes you'd like to contribute, please send them my way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes AJ, as long as it is text, the program recognizes it and converts it. You would have to ask Shayne about the details though.

    I would REALLY LOVE an electronic copy!

    ReplyDelete