Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A New Purse - Or Two!

April 15, 2009 – Day 105

I finally broke down and picked out a new purse today! When I got to the till to pay for it, the cashier told me they have a sale – buy a second purse at half price. It’s so hard for me to ever decide on a purse so I doubted I’d be able to find another purse I liked well enough to buy on the same day, but I did! So I got TWO new purses today! They’re not expensive though, both only came to $44.60.

And, in response to a challenge from my sister Darlene earlier this year to show what’s in our purses, here’s what came out of my old purse (which is on the right in the picture). However, not all of it will be going into my new purse, it’s time to clean out the junk and shred those receipts!

I don’t know why but I have a terrible time getting rid of receipts; there are 41 in this stack. Here’s a list of the other items included here: my watch, set of keys, ChapStick (very important and I never leave home without it), 2 partially used packs of gum (although I rarely chew gum, I always seem to have some in my purse), 3 mints from Ricky’s, 5 partially used packages of Halls, a few Tums that are turning to powder in a small plastic bag, a few odd vitamins in a small plastic bag, Ativan, Advil, hair pick, eyeglass cleaner, dental floss, Tide pen, work ID and pass card, 1 loose loonie, chequebook, a full bankbook, a half empty bankbook, my wallet which contains things like my Driver’s License, Alberta Health Care card, 2 credit cards, grocery store reward cards, Carlton Cards reward card and other similar cards, a few business cards, $120 and $11.25 change..

And there’s more – a small pair of scissors, 2 eyeglass screwdrivers (uhm, don’t try to get into the courthouse with those items), 3 pens, a small package of stamps, 2 old grocery lists, small stickies with list on top one that says, hash browns, mushroom soup” and lower on the stickie I wrote “200.00” (no idea why now). The lottery ticket I bought a few weeks ago was still in my purse and I discovered we only had ONE number on one of the 3 tickets we bought! There’s a requisition for a mammogram I have to go for on Monday (if you don’t know what it is, don’t ask :-), $3 off Cookies by George coupon, 25% off expired Home Outfitters coupon, Overcoming Panic list, 5 loose Kleenexes, scrap piece of paper with e-mail address on it, folded sheet of paper with notes of my sister’s condition when she was in the hospital a few years ago, family phone numbers on the page as well and a reminder note to myself to ask my stepsister and mortgage broker, Amelia, on the back side (something to do with our house purchase in 2005), a printed page off the Staples website of the new computer monitor I bought in January, iRewards coupons, and an invoice for Little Bear’s pre-dental surgery vet visit in January. And that’s why I need a bigger purse - and to be able to carry my point-and-shoot camera in it as well!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Julie, it is time to clean your purse! I'd like to see that thing from the hospital if you didn't throw it out yet, any chances of scanning and sending it to me?

    You sure got one heck of a deal on your purses, I got a tad bit extravigant with my last two purses, I LOVE the smell of leather is what I think it is with me! I now could list the contents of my purse in a smaller list, smaller purse equates smaller list and the funny thing, I haven't missed a thing yet! Mine you I do have a huge book bag! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is awesome. I love the photo and the list is fantastic. What a laugh I have had. Both you and Darlene are amazing and I love following your Blogs.
    I have suggested to my local shop that they sell purses on a '24-hour try and buy' program, as I have about 50 that I have bought and then hated, but just can't get rid of.
    I hope not all the contents went back into your new purse.
    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how does all of you items fit into your purse? LOL

    ReplyDelete