Sunday, April 5, 2009

First BBQ? Not Quite...

April 4, 2009 – Day 94

My picture today was going to be of our first bar-b-que of the season; however, when Ken fired up the bar-b-que, he discovered we were out of propane. The rest of the meal was ready and we didn’t want to waste the extra time running out to fill the tank so I decided to try frying the steaks. I haven’t fried steak in years; in fact, I never buy steak during the winter months because I have this idea in my head that steak is wasted if it isn’t cooked on the bar-b-que. However, this was a good excuse to use my “new” frying pans – and the steak was surprisingly delicious fried!

I prefer rib steak (medium-rare); Ken likes T-Bone (well done). I fried one of each and an extra rib steak to use in another meal for Ken and I - maybe wraps.

3 comments:

  1. So you liked cooking with the cast iron? I don't remember the last time I fried a steak, I always just broil them, I even forgot you could fry a steak! lol They do look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do look really good. I don't think that I have every fried steak either. I am liking the idea that it is getting warm enough to BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medium-rare is the best. Sandy used to do well done as well, but after a few years I finally talked her down to medium-well at least. BBQ sounds great, maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete