Monday, January 25, 2010

Yoga


January 25, 2010 – Day 25

So this morning I was all gung-ho to try the Kathy Smith yoga DVD that Christine sent me last week. I put it in to play and tried my best to follow the moves; however, I was quickly lost and ended up completely frustrated and angry. It seemed so technical, I was afraid I was doing the moves wrong, my belly was in the way – and it seemed like they were moving through the workout so quickly!

It drives me crazy when I can’t do something even though I’m trying my best, but I also can’t stand giving up and walking away! Thankfully, Christine gave me another yoga DVD when they came down at Christmas time so I gave that one a try. It’s very basic, very simple and slow enough for the ultimate beginner like me to follow along. I managed to get through the entire workout, although I’m still not sure that I did a couple of the moves right. And my belly was still in the way but I did the best I could in spite of it, although thankfully appreciated being in the privacy of my own home! I thought I might take a yoga class but I am rethinking that idea. I don’t think I’m ready to stretch and bend and jiggle awkwardly in front of a room full of strangers!

At the end of the workout I felt energized and wanted to do it over again! I didn’t though. I opted instead for the familiarity of my recumbent stationary bike and rode for 40 minutes this evening - but I am looking forward to doing the easy yoga DVD again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment