Sunday, January 31, 2010

Metis Status Application



January 29, 2010 – Day 29

My sister Cathy (in this photo), her boys and I went to apply for Metis status today. This was our second attempt – our first being in the fall of 2008. Even though Cathy, her oldest son and I had Metis status (and our Metis cards) with us the first time, we learned that we needed our long-form birth certificates and a completed genealogical record dating back to the mid-1800s in order to reapply under the new guidelines (that have been in place for a few years). We had what we needed with us this time and, even though it took us about an hour and a half to fill out the applications and put our genealogical information into a chart, we were successful. The woman who helped us with our application took our photos and said our cards will arrive by mail but she couldn’t give us a time frame within which to expect to receive them.

1 comment:

  1. I've had my card for awhile now. I've never used it for anything though so I'm not sure why I even have it :P

    Just curious what are you guys planing to use it for?

    ReplyDelete