Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Nice Visit


January 24, 2010 – Day 24

Ken and I were generously treated to brunch today by my cousin Hazel and her significant other, John, who are visiting Edmonton from High Prairie. We went to Bonanza: a close-to-home restaurant that has good food – and plenty of it – to choose from. Ken and I don’t go out to eat very often so it was a very special treat! Thank you again Hazel and John – Ken and I both had a wonderful time!

Hazel is my first cousin once removed (her mom, Gladys, and my grandfather Leo were brother and sister). Hazel and John have been together for about four years but we don’t see them often and today was the first time we met John. I was quite excited to learn that John is a cousin of my dad’s brother-in-law (his sister Gladys' husband), Uncle Maurice!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I never even knew that grandpa had a sister Gladys or that we have yet more extended family, how exciting and that's awesome that you got to see these people!

    The rest of this you're going to have to explain to me, I don't get it. If John is a cousin... oh forget it, you can tell me all about it next Saturday! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. I remember Bonanza from when I was a kid. I heard this new one wasn't quite the same though as the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, the old Bonanza was fun but new Bonanza is actually much better. It's a smorg...lots of good food to choose from and about 100% better than Buffet World as far as quality goes! :-) I would definitely go again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I will have to try it again as I didn't feel that the selection was that great. I wish that they had one on my side of town!

    ReplyDelete