Thursday, January 7, 2010

Commissioner For Oaths

January 7, 2010 – Day 7

I’ve been a Commissioner for Oaths in and for the Province of Alberta for 9 or 10 years. I did the exam with one of the lawyers I worked for when I was working at Wilson & Hurlburt in 2000 or 2001.

Commissions expire, and have to be renewed, every three years (it wasn’t always three years but I forget what it used to be). I could get my commission renewed through work but I want to be able to use it for purposes outside work if necessary so I pay for my own renewals.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool, so can you be a commissioner of oaths for family members or does that fall under "conflict of interest?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat, I had no idea you had this! Can you do it for family members or just for people you aren't related to? Not that I have need of it really. I'm pretty sure I have at least once in the past though... although for the life of me I can't recall for what!

    ReplyDelete