Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ten Years


January 10, 2010 – Day 10

It was ten years ago this month that I began working in the legal field. In January of 2000, I was hired on at Wilson & Hurlburt, a small law firm with three lawyers and one other assistant. The senior partner’s wife, Donna, would come to the office to do the books once or twice a week. Donna was also selling Creative Memories supplies at the time – and introduced me to scrapbooking!

I was at Wilson & Hurlburt until the firm dissolved in July 2001. From there I went to Emery Jameson but I left that firm after a few weeks. Then, through a temping agency, I was hired at Bryan & Company, a large firm with approximately 80 lawyers, and mostly enjoyed my work at that firm. Although I was offered full-time employment when my temping assignment was complete, I didn’t accept because I was going through the process of (hopefully) being hired on with the federal Department of Justice. It worked out as I had hoped and I was began working for Justice on June 3, 2002.

I kept this denim shirt I received while at Wilson & Hurlburt as a memento of my time there. I don’t remember what the occasion was but all employees of the firm got the same shirt. I had a good time and learned a lot while working with Wilson & Hurlburt. I haven’t completely lost touch with a couple of the people I worked with there. Donna Wilson is a friend of mine on Facebook and I run into Kate Hurlburt once in a while on my way to work or in a food court downtown; she’s now a partner with Emery Jameson.

1 comment:

  1. 10 years ago already? Time sure does fly. It was just over 10 years ago Sandy and I got together. The summer of 1999 to be exact.

    ReplyDelete