Sunday, January 24, 2010

Encouraging Results


January 21, 2010 – Day 21

In regard to my eating habits, I feel as though I’ve been wandering aimlessly in a nutrient-poor, processed/fast-food induced brain fog for many years. In the early 90s, my doctor put me on apo-triazide for borderline high blood pressure and I’ve mindlessly popped that water pill for the last 16 – 19 years. I knew, but I didn’t really know, or perhaps I didn’t believe that high blood pressure is most often caused by a poor diet. In any event, I just didn’t “get it”. Now, I’m getting it – and it feels positively wonderful to be waking from my poor-food induced haze. It feels invigorating and refreshing to be making healthy, fresh, delicious food choices for Ken and I!

I started making healthier choices and exercising back in November (minus the Christmas season) and I’m beginning to see some positive results. One of those positive results is that my blood pressure is great! In fact, it’s so great that I started weaning myself off the water pill two weeks ago. I have a blood pressure monitor at home and I’m careful to take my blood pressure reading once or twice a day to be sure all is well as I wean myself off the apo-traizide. And it has been!

I’ve also lost 11 pounds but since I started weaning myself off this pill my weight hasn’t gone down any, even though I continue to eat healthy. I’m sure my weight is at a plateau only because my body is confused and relearning how to process excess fluid on its own. It won’t be much longer – but I’m looking forward to the day when I’m completely free of this medication!

2 comments:

  1. Wow 11 pounds already, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what a healthy diet can do! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete