Monday, December 7, 2009

The Pook Toque

December 6, 2009 – Day 340

The gift I took to the party was a Pook Toque. It wasn’t the hit I was hoping it would be with the kids (kids meaning up to about 30 years old). Marg was the first to choose the gift from the pile and unwrap it; she's 86 years old and I knew it wouldn’t be her style. I hoped someone would steal it from her but nobody did. Not right away anyway. When I had a chance to pick a new gift or take from someone, I took the toque from Marg so she would have another opportunity to choose something she liked. In the end Christine ended up with the toque and she gave it to Ashley. It “grew” on Ashley and today she had a lot of fun trying the different styles with it. This style is called the Shrek. My favourite is the Princess Leia; you can see it here: http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00039/purchase25lf1_39261gm-a.jpg

December 8th: I should add that Stephen liked the toque but he didn't get a chance to steal it during the course of the evening.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was a cute idea, I just liked a few other things better :)

    I can't believe Marg is 86, she looks great for her age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the toque as well, but I wanted the magic bullet!

    ReplyDelete