Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Boxing Day Shopping

December 26, 2009 – Day 360

I usually stay clear of stores on Boxing Day but this year I went out and even had fun shopping with Christine and Ian for a few hours.

Ian wandered off to the electronics section while Christine and I were shopping at London Drugs. When we finished our shopping, we found Ian playing the Xbox 360 NHL 2K10 hockey game. He was quite happy to let us know that his team (Calgary Flames) beat the Edmonton Oilers 9-5.

If I could post more pictures for Project 365, I’d photograph the purchases I made today but since I limit myself to one picture a day for this project, I’ll just write about them, more for my own record than because I think anyone is actually interested. :-)

London Drugs had a beautiful set of cutlery (for eight settings) on sale for $24.99 from $60.00 so I bought the last three sets that were on the shelf, ten boxes of icicles at 60% off the regular price of $1.49 each, a green olive oil bottle for $1.99 that was marked down from $9.99 and a package of 12 AA batteries for $6.99. I also bought myself a new shiny purple metallic pen with my name on it at London Drugs but it wasn’t on sale. I paid $5.99 for it. At XS Cargo I bought the Guitar Hero Aerosmith game for PS2, that comes with 2 guitars, for $29.99, a set of Revlon hot rollers for $10.00, a hand moisturizing kit and a foot moisturizing kit for $3.99 each. At Michael’s I bought two rolls of wrapping paper; both were 60% off the regular price of $10.00 each.

2 comments:

  1. I just love great deals, sounds like you got quite a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got some wicked deals! I was out yesterday and you would have thought it was boxing day especially at Best Buy, that place was a zoo! I went to three stores and was gone for 5 hours!
    I see that you are getting ready already for next years gift exchange... all that cutlery! I had to think for a while what the heck you would do with that much cutlery but then it came to me! :-) Heck of a deal!

    ReplyDelete