Friday, December 18, 2009

Barbie



December 17, 2009 – Day 351

At Christmas time I only buy a gift for my 6 grandchildren and give my two youngest boys money (and will until they are married). Ken and I don’t usually bother with gifts for one another but this year I found a couple small things that I picked up for him. And this year I have even less shopping than usual to do because I’m only buying gifts for 4 of my grandchildren; instead of buying for Ashley and Hope, we’ll give them money to put towards a Christian concert (YC) they want to go to in the spring.

Christine usually helps me buy the gifts for my grandchildren but she wasn’t in Edmonton to help me this year and I’m kicking myself for leaving this so long – but I did go to a few stores after work tonight. I was in search of two Crayola Glow Domes, one for Hannah and one for Faith but the stores I went to were completely sold out. One of the stores I stopped at was Toys R Us and even though I wasn’t looking for Barbie products, it’s my favourite aisle in any toy store so I took a quick look at all the beautiful Barbies that I would have loved to own when I was a child.

When I got home I phoned several stores to see if anyone might have the Glow Domes in stock but every place I phoned was sold out. The guy I spoke to at Walmart in St. Albert said they did receive a shipment of 150 but sold every one of them in two days!

Christine and Ian were in Walmart in Cold Lake tonight and found one Glow Dome so they picked it up for me. If I don’t find another one for Hannah, I may look for an Easy Bake oven for her because that’s something else she’d like to have.
I did find gifts for Austin and Owen tonight though so that felt good.

2 comments:

  1. We finished our shopping yesterday. Nice to finally be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something every Christmas that EVERY child wants and tt is amazing what parents will do to get it. I hope that you find what you are looking for, although the easy bake oven is always a hit. I had one of those when I was a kid and I loved it. To bad it didn't turn into a love for baking and cooking!

    ReplyDelete