Monday, December 7, 2009

Homemade Perogies IV

December 7, 2009 – Day 341

Today was another perogie making day. I made 132 cheddar perogies and they all went straight to the freezer. For the last few years I’ve been cooking my perogies before freezing them but I find that the perogies are more soft and fragile than I’d like them to be when I cook them before freezing so today I went back to my “old” way of freezing them without cooking them first.

So I have 156 perogies in the freezer. I need 3 dozen for a woman at work; she’s going to make me a pine bough centerpiece in exchange. I need about 3 dozen for our team’s potluck at work next week and the rest will be for Christmas dinner and the days that follow. Christine, Ian and the kids will be here for about a week so it’ll be nice to have lots on hand. I still want to make one batch of cottage cheese perogies sometime before Christmas.

Our power went out for two hours this afternoon; it delayed my progress but the job eventually got done.

Little Bear likes to sleep in the kitchen when I’m busy in there so I’m including him in this shot today and I’ll also include my busy-messy kitchen in the background just to make this a little different from the other perogie-making pictures I’ve taken recently.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that sure is a lot of perogies you've made over the last few weeks. They take so long to make but the end result it totally worth it, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that your dough is out of this world! I was even dreaming about them on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete