Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!

May 5, 2009 – Day 125

When we signed our new contract in January, one of the things we “got” from the deal was a $4,000 signing bonus. It’s not officially being called a signing bonus but I don’t know what else to call it because it’s exactly like a signing bonus. I wasn’t sure if I would qualify for the entire $4,000 or only a portion of it since I work part time.

We received an e-mail at work last week to let us know that part-time employees will receive the full amount (the full amount won’t be $4,000 for any of us though because taxes will be skimmed off the top). We were also told that we will have the cheques on May 7th.

The digital SLR Ken bought me in 2003 is outdated and I knew that I wanted to buy the new Canon 50D camera when I received the bonus money.

Once I knew I qualified for the full amount and that I will receive the cheque on May 7th, I decided to go ahead and buy the camera. I called McBains downtown store yesterday to see if they had one in stock; they didn’t, but they brought one in for me from one of their other stores and had it waiting there for me before the day was over. I took a coffee break and picked up my spectacular new toy at 10:00 this morning. It’s been a long wait since January but I’m thrilled to finally have my new camera!

I bought a 4 GB camera card and a couple filters for the camera as well and depending how much money is left after I pay the VISA bill, I may buy a new flash as well.

4 comments:

  1. yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! congratulations amiga!!! I'm so very happy for you!!!! you deserve it!!! enjoy!!!! huge hugs & kisses with love,
    Mariquita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Jewel, good for you! I bet you're excited to start snapping away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a treat for someone who likes pictures so much. Congrats on your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I can't wait to see some pictures with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete