Sunday, May 17, 2009

EZcube

May 17, 2009 – Day 137

On Monday, May 11th, I ordered this EZcube light tent from an online company located in California. It arrived impressively fast – the parcel card was in my mailbox on Wednesday, May 13th. I picked it up on Friday and was excited to open everything up and check it out when I got home. It’s 30” square but folds up and fits back into the small round pouch (clipped to the top right of the EZcube in my picture) but I’m going to have to watch the DVD that came with it to learn how to fold it back up because I can’t figure it out!

Light tents are for product photography; I bought it for those times I take pictures of objects to extract for my designing business. Perhaps I can also get into selling stock (product) photographs as well.

5 comments:

  1. LOL here as I was reading I got to thinking that you lost it completely!! I thought that you bought this to go camping in July! LMAO I was relieved when I read what it was for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really complicated! I am sure that you will enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I alwasy wondered what they used to get that pefect background. Now I know. Most of my pictures of objects have the kitchen counter or the carpet in the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, this creates a nice clean background - and then you need to consider lighting to make soft shadows, or eliminate them completely. Here's a basic set up for product shots: http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/20eztasttwol.html

    ReplyDelete