Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cool Old Junk

May 16, 2009 – Day 136

Ken and I went out galavanting this morning. We started off at Vistek but neither of us found anything to buy. Our second stop was McBain’s where I bought a small camera bag that will just fit my camera and lens. I wanted a small one because it’s a chore to have to lug around my large camera bag every time I want to take my digital SLR out with me.

Then we went to Garden Bakery - the Chinese bakery my friend Jen introduced me to in January. We bought fresh BBQ pork buns, mini ham and cheese buns, curry beef buns and a twist filled with bacon and onions. After eating a couple of the delicious buns, we had energy to continue our adventure.

Our next stop was London Drugs; I bought a large round reflector/diffuser there. We also bought some new phones and a couple other little things.

On our way home we had to pass by the “Super Flea Market”. As we neared the building, Ken asked if I wanted to go inside. “Yes!”, I practically shouted. We haven’t been to a flea market in many years and it was fun to wander through the aisles looking at the dusty old junk – and that’s literally what most of it is. I did find some old costume jewellery and a small chalkboard to use in my designs though. My picture today is one of the booths at the flea market.

That was enough adventure for us and we returned home after the flea market. Adam is visiting in Grande Prairie but Michael and Kristy came over for coffee once we got back home.

Ken and I have steaks marinating for a barbeque we’re going to have this evening and then we have a movie to watch – all my idea of a perfect way to spend a day!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun filled day! I love stopping at that super flea market, that's the one on 111th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure but that sounds about right. I think there's only one flea market left on this side of the city so it's probably the one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun way to spend a day!

    BBQ pork buns are one of my favorite things to eat at Dim Sum. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandy, you guys should check out this bakery one day then - the buns are soooooo fresh, sometimes even still warm. And there are all kinds to chose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun filled day! I'm looking forward to the fresh produce from the farmers market this year. The flea market picture just made me think of that for some reason.

    There is a bakery like that right beside the dim sum place we eat at on Calgary trail. Those buns are soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome that you have one of those bakeries right in your backyard Shayne. Closer than downtown anyway. :-)

    We loooooooooove the farmer's market too and I can't wait to taste those yummy fresh veggies and other things we get there. One of my favourites things from the farmer's market is the spicy Jamaican patties. Should make for some great P365/52 pictures this year too (from all of us that go).

    ReplyDelete