Thursday, May 14, 2009

Before

May 14, 2009 – Day 134

This is one side (my half) of our unfinished basement. It’s not a pretty sight today, but it will be pretty one day! Ken and I have begun the task of packing and moving things out to the garage (I’ll be giving a lot of it away) so he can finish the basement. I know this is going to be a long-term project because he will be learning as he goes. Ken does a nice job of the things he does though (he built our deck and the shed in the backyard). He's been buying books and studying drywalling, taping, etc. online and I know he’ll do a good job.

We’re just going to keep it one large open room so we have a place for the grandkids to play and some extra sleeping room for those times my out-of-town kids and their families visit.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I am looking forward to the after photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken is so handy, I would not trust Shayne to do any of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Sandy, I wouldn't mind paying a contractor for the convenience of having the job done quick but Ken wants to do it himself and it would be pointless for me to argue. :-) I guess it'll save us a lot of money in the long run.

    Darlene, you'll probably see a few "between" pictures before the "after" picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete