Monday, May 25, 2009

Bus Stop Closed

May 25, 2009 – Day 145

The road construction on 127th Street is going full-steam ahead; they’re due to tear up the end of 161st Avenue to put in sewer pipes and widen the road. The new traffic lights at the intersection of 127th and 161st have already been installed.

Beginning tomorrow and for approximately four weeks, my bus stop will be closed. My regular stop is only about 3 minutes walk from home but I’m going to have to walk three blocks to catch my bus (and get off after work) until 161 Avenue reopens. I know the walk will do me good but I’m not looking forward to it. I don’t have much of a choice other than to get used to it though. And I would much rather walk those three blocks than drive and park downtown.

6 comments:

  1. Just like that they are shutting down a bus stop or have you known about this for some time now? Three blocks isn't all that bad, it could be much worse~ nice photo as usual. You have this way of making anything look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate driving downtown as well. There is so much traffic and everyone always seems as though they are always in a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And pedestrians stand on corners of intersections or run across the street when the hand sign is up...too crazy for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And parking is about $12/day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks Darlene. I actually love the battered up sign holder thing-y. The city gave us fair warning - there was a flyer on the front step about 10 or 14 days ago, then they put this sign up at the bus stops last week.

    ReplyDelete