Monday, September 14, 2009

New Recipes

September 14, 2009 – Day 257

I had fun trying a couple new recipes today. They’re new to me but they are favourite recipes of other family members and will be included in the collection of recipes that I’m putting together. The Chicken Lasagna recipe is from my cousin Randi (my uncle Garry’s daughter) and the Black Forest Cake is a combination of two similar Quick Black Forest Cake recipes. One is from my aunt Gladys (my dad’s sister) and the other is from my aunt Joan (my mom’s sister).

The lasagna doesn’t taste anything like traditional tomato based lasagna but Ken and I both loved it and I will definitely make it again. The cake looks delicious too but we haven’t tried it yet.

6 comments:

  1. That cake looks sooo yummy! Interesting lasagna, was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, now that's home cookin'! Awesome photo once again Jewel. Are you going to add photos to the recipe collection by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the cake and the lasagna were easy to make Sandy. You're on my list to send an electronic copy of this cookbook to when I'm finished but if you want the recipe before then just let me know and I'll sent it to you.

    Thank you Darlene. No photos in the collection - that would be too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture. Totally looks like something out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can wait until it comes in the cookbook, thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete