Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bus Problems

September 23, 2009 – Day 266

Our bus broke down on the way to work this morning. We all had to pile out and transfer but it didn’t take very long for a couple more buses to show up and get everyone on their way once again. I normally would have arrived at work 10 – 15 minutes early on the bus I was on and I was still on time in spite of the mechanical problems of the bus and the transfer I had to make.

We reached a record breaking 34C today but thankfully I didn’t have to ride home in the oven of a bus; Jen drove and offered me a ride home in her air conditioned car. I am so grateful!

4 comments:

  1. I think that it's awesome that ETS responded so quickly! We do have a pretty good transit system here.
    That was sure nice of Jen to drive you home as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall the transit system is okay I guess. It bugs me that it takes me almost an hour to get to work on an Express bus though.

    It wasn't a matter of ETS responding...we just got on the next couple of buses scheduled on that route. Because it's early morning and people are going to work, there are usually several buses that run along there.

    On the last bus I was on that broke down (earlier this year), the driver told me they are not maintaining the buses as well as they used to due to lack of mechanics available to do the work.

    Yes, very nice of Jen to drive me home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you have bad luck with buses. I guess you take a lot of them though so I guess it's the law of averages.

    I'm glad to hear they are expanding the LRT more. The next phase to Millwoods will bring it pretty close to my house. Much closer than the new Southgate expansion anyway. When I worked downtown I drove, but I'd probably take public transit if there was a close enough LRT option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been on a bus that broke down until this year...not even when I worked full time and took more buses than I do now. I only take it to work and home, twice a day, three days a week. And I think this is the 3rd time we've broke down this year...crazy.

    You're so lucky to be getting the LRT close to your house Shayne! I wish it was coming close to our house but I doubt it ever will.

    ReplyDelete