Monday, September 28, 2009

Memory Lane

September 28, 2009 – Day 271

I didn’t leave the house today but I took many pictures and had a hard time choosing only one for my picture of the day. It was so windy that our barbeque and propane tank blew over and the handle on the barbeque broke; I made my friend Jen’s recipe for Italian pasta sauce (the kind that you simmer on the stove for hours) with ribs, pasta and broccoli for supper; we got the estimate from the vet’s office for Little Bear’s surgery on the 8th (between $2434.00 – $2904.00 (OUCH!)); I reached the end of the game (level 34) on Farm Town and bought a $1 million mansion for my virtual farm. I’ll decorate the farm more in the days ahead – and sure wish I could cash in some of my $4 million for the vet bill!

I also finished a project that Ashley asked me do for a PowerPoint presentation/assignment she’s doing for school. I had to answer 18 questions about my life when I was her age (15) and send her a few pictures of me when I was a teenager. I started the assignment last week and finished today. The pictures I have of myself as a teenager are few and far between and none of them are in very good shape – but this assignment was a fun stroll down memory lane.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is the most expensive vet bill I've ever heard of! Why so much?

    If I was building a one millions dollar mansion I don't think I'd built it on a farm. Not like you had a choice mind you.

    The project sounds neat. I don't have many pictures from that time either. I wish I had as many as I do now. Amazing how spoiled we are with digital cameras these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a whole list of stuff on the estimate to justify the vet bill being so high. I've heard stories from people at work who have had higher vet bills so I'm glad it isn't more ...would be nice if it was less though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very busy day!

    I am sure that it is hard on the bank account for the vet bill, but it is worth every penny. I have often pondered getting pet insurance. It may come in handy one day.

    ReplyDelete