Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Don't Look Down!

September 8, 2009 – Day 251

Several people rappelled down the side of the Sutton Place Hotel today. They were already going strong when I got to work this morning and still going at it when I left at the end of the day. Some Superheroes were involved but I missed all of them except one. The pictures I have of Batman rappelling down the side of the building were taken from my desk on the 20th floor of the tower I work in but they didn’t have the same “feel” as the pictures I took from this angle. I’m afraid of heights so I would never be able to do something like this; I felt dizzy enough looking up at this angle as I watched these girls come down, I really had to brace my feet to hold my camera steady!

This was a charity event with proceeds going to Easter Seals.

3 comments:

  1. You aren't afraid of heights, you are afraid of falling from heights. I'm just being a smart alec ;)

    You can definitely get the perspective of that being really high from this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really scary. I could never do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probably accurate Shayne, I hadn't thought of it that way before. :-)

    ReplyDelete