Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to School

September 1, 2009 – Day 244

Signs of fall, and back to school, are everywhere. Leaves are beginning to change color; it’s dark at 9:00 p.m., nights are cooler, and today I noticed that city buses are busier and yellow school buses are on the roads again.

Three of my grandchildren started a new school year yesterday: Ashley started High School, grade 10; Faith goes to grade 4 and Hannah, grade 1. Hope started grade 9 today and Owen and Austin will both begin preschool in the days ahead. If preschool kids count as “school aged” then that means all my grandchildren are of school age; something that didn’t dawn on me until doing this journalling! I will likely have more grandchildren one day because both Adam and Michael wish to have families in the future, but I can’t believe how fast the grandchildren I have now are all growing up! I pray that each of them will have a wonderfully happy and successful school year!

2 comments: