Monday, October 19, 2009

My New Printer

October 19, 2009 – Day 292

My Canon i9900 has been a great printer but I’ve been having trouble with it for a few months now. It has been leaving streaks of black ink on the edge of everything I print, which is okay for tutorials and things like that but not okay for pictures. I followed the maintenance and cleaning instructions several times but any improvements were minor and temporary. Ken even took it apart and cleaned the ink out of it with Q-Tips. Again, that helped, but only temporarily. I’ve been saving for a new printer and finally had enough money so I went out and bought one this morning.

One of my first projects is going to be to catch up on my Project 365 album. That’s going to take a while because I only got up to June 21st on the journalling and June 28th on the pictures before I was unable to print without streaks. I’ll have to get Ken to hook up my new printer when he gets home from work but I am very excited to try it out!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice printer!You're further ahead on the printing than I am! One of these days before all of my photos disappear from my blog site and time allows I want to sit here and spend an entire day catching up. I love to look at the albums and look forward to seeing yours as well one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on home color printers. The ink would always dry up on me and wreck the printer. We have a black and white one Sandy has from her home office and for color I just print it at work or at Staples. For pictures I just do them online and pick them up at Shopper Drug Mart. I don't print many pictures though. Maybe 1 or 2 a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting new thing, it is so exciting. Especially when you have wanted it for awhile. I hope that it prints many wonderful pictures for you.

    ReplyDelete