Friday, October 16, 2009

Banana Muffins...to Come

October 16, 2009 – Day 289

Ken and I usually eat about 14 bananas in a week (one each/day) but this week I don’t know that either of us ate a single banana! That means I have a bunch of ripe bananas to bake with tomorrow. It’s all good though because we’ve run out of muffins in the freezer and muffins are my favourite thing to have for breakfast because they’re quick and easy and they taste good too. If I have more than enough bananas for muffins, I’ll make a banana loaf or two as well. I took out the non-perishable ingredients tonight so I’ll be ready to start baking first thing tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Another awesome photo! I love your creativity with your pictures, it's all so perfect!

    I'm also baking banana bread tomorrow, maybe muffins would be good instead for the lunches here. I use half the oil and add half applesauce and it's good. I don't know if you have ever tried that or not is why I'm sharing this with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast items as well. I have not had a banana muffin in forever though. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe I use for Banana Chocolate Chip muffins only uses 1/4 cup oil for the full batch so I don't bother using applesauce. I have tried applesauce instead of oil in the past and found that my muffins were too dry. Maybe half 'n half would be better.

    Sandy...there are almost always at least 3 bananas/week that we don't eat so I usually make at least one dozen/week so we have muffins pretty regularly around here. I make Banana/Choc Chip and Banana Bran. Both are good but the Banana Bran are probably healthier with the bran in them.

    ReplyDelete