Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Cleanup

October 3, 2009 – Day 276

Ken spent a couple hours doing fall cleanup this morning. He took down the top of the gazebo, put away the lawn chairs, the patio table and chairs, tidied up the yard, etc. It was chilly today, the sky was a depressing white/gray all day and it felt like winter was knocking at the door. It was much better to be indoors – with the heat on.

At work last week, James told me that this is supposed to be an el nino year. He said winters in an el nino year often start out cold but actually turn around to end up being mild. I hope he’s right! Ken bought his annual pass to Rabbit Hill on Wednesday though so I know he’s not hoping for an el nino year but would rather have lots of snow for snowboarding.

3 comments:

  1. Jewel, your photo saddens me, winter is so close and did we ever get a taste of what we're in for. I'm just hoping that James is correct, sorry Ken... and Cheryl, she also wants to get into snowboarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me, I have to take in our patio furniture this weekend.

    Almost time to put up the higher Christmas lights before the snow flies. I like to do the ones along the top of the house before the roof gets all icy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, smart to do that before the snow and ice comes!

    ReplyDelete