Tuesday, October 27, 2009

H1N1

October 27, 2009 – Day 300

The H1N1 flu has been big in the news this year. Personally, I don’t understand why so much hype has been generated over this flu because we have flus every year and, sadly, some people die from those flus each year. I’ve never had a flu shot and I don’t plan to get one for the H1N1 virus but I’d like to know why this one is important enough for the government to feel compelled to educate the masses. Imagine the time, energy and money that went into printing and mailing this pamphlet alone that arrived in the mail today.

3 comments:

  1. And ALL services are cut back plus a hiring freeze in the helping sector. I'd say it's time for an election and new government!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of it is the media's fault. I'm not sure if we're getting the shot yet. We're going to ask our OBGYN at an upcoming appointment and see what he recommends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever gotten 1 flu shot and I am on the fence as to whether I should get this shot. If I was not pregnant, then it would be a for sure NO.

    ReplyDelete