Thursday, October 15, 2009

Geese

October 15, 2009 – Day 288

There were literally hundreds of geese flying overhead this afternoon, many more than I was able to capture in just one picture. I wondered if they were having a meeting to discuss when they’re going to fly south and perhaps also discuss formation because they would make small groups of “v”s but for the most part they were just flying around in large groups. More and more kept flying in – I couldn’t believe how many there were. I think they congregated at the nearby man-made lake, where I’m sure they had serious discussions about flying south for the winter!

4 comments:

  1. You can see the geese much better if you click on the picture to view it larger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I almost always click on the picture to get a larger view. The ones in the posts are always so small.

    This reminds me of the picture I took at the lake awhile ago. The ones I saw were much higher though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I thought of you and remembered the picture you took when I took this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very neat to see and it always amazes me how they fly in formation.

    ReplyDelete