Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lush


January 31, 2010 – Day 31

When I got home from my day out yesterday, I put away the things I bought from the Farmer’s Market and left the other things I bought on the bottom step to take upstairs the next time I went up. Ken went upstairs before I did so he picked up the things to take up with him. When he picked up the bag of Lush goodies, he said, “The things in this bag smell good!” I was quite impressed that he noticed. I wanted to take this picture before I used any of these smell-good treats but I can’t wait to use at least one of them tomorrow. In retrospect, there are a couple more things I’m wishing I would have bought as well – so I’ll have to make another trip one day. My cousin Shanda manages the store so if you go in, say hi from me.

I love the mission statement of the company. It’s printed on the back of the paper bag and these are my favourite parts:

“We believe

…in making effective products from fresh organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.

We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not conduct or commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.

We invent our own products and fragrances, we make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients and tell you when they were made.

We believe in happy people making happy soap…

We believe in long candelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again…”

No comments:

Post a Comment