Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ready to Fly!


February 16, 2010 – Day 47

I normally do the majority of my housework every couple of months and when I do, I clean so thoroughly that it takes me a couple of days to complete. I don’t particularly enjoy cleaning that way – in fact, I guess if I were to be honest, I’d have to admit that I dread it – but I never really thought about doing it differently. It’s not so much that I hate doing housework because I really don’t (and I love having a clean house) but what I do dread is the feeling of being overwhelmed with housework and that’s how I feel every time I do those big cleans.

However, I think my method of doing housework is about to change. Christine introduced me to a great idea the other day: www.flylady.com – it’s basically organized housecleaning – bits and sections at a time! I think I’ll start with the baby steps here: http://www.flylady.com/pages/begin_babysteps.asp but with a few modifications of my own. The first step is to clean your sink and that’s it – but since I’m anxious to declutter my house, I’m going to follow fly lady’s idea to spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. I did my first 15 minutes today and yes, I set a timer!

Flylady is on facebook as well; as I type this tonight, there are 52,221 fans of the group!

I’m excited about this new project I’m going to take on so I went to the dollar store today and stocked up on a few new housecleaning supplies and pretty writing pads for grocery lists. I suppose finding a new home for this stuff should be part of my 15-minute declutter session tomorrow! :-)

I’m ready to FLY!

2 comments:

  1. I adopted this system a few months ago , as I hate cleaning, and it really does help. It also means that nothing gets to bad before I get to it, as I promise myself I'll do about 20-30 mins a day ie all the floors, or the bins and the dusting etc. It feels as though my home is clean pretty much all the time. Hope you find it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete