Monday, February 15, 2010

Am I a Hoarder?!


February 15, 2010 – Day 46

OMG - I watched a couple episodes of Hoarders online last night and another episode this morning. The shows shocked and terrified me, because I’m afraid that I very well may have hoarder tendencies! One of my goals this year was to declutter but now declutter has taken on a whole new meaning for me. It now means that I desperately want to get rid of every single thing I don’t need, don’t use or don’t wear! Most of my house is clean and well organized but there are areas where I stash “stuff” – my computer room being the worst. It’s going to take me some time to go through everything I have tucked away in this room but I am determined to do it! I started this morning by going through a stack of papers from 2000 – 2004 and most of those papers are now shredded or in the recycle bag.

The binders on the table are filled with tutorials I’ve printed from the internet and they piled up there because the two shelves I have on the opposite wall in this room are full! I have more binders of printed tutorials (photography, scrapbooking, Photoshop and Illustrator), books, office supplies, boxes of photos, albums of photos and stacks of DVDs with more “stuff” saved on them!

I hope I’m finished organizing and decluttering my computer room, and can take an “after” picture, before this year is over.

2 comments:

  1. I'm bad for hoarding old electronic equipment and computer parts. Wires too.

    You never know when you might need a 10 year old keyboard or network card after all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That show makes everyone question if they are themselves a hoarder! I plea the fifth.

    ReplyDelete