Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Microwave

Several of the numbered buttons on our microwave hadn't been working for months. That proved to be a bit tricky, but we managed to get by, using the buttons that did work. Setting the clock proved to be especially challenging and could only be done when the time coordinated with the working buttons!

On the afternoon of Friday, January 2nd, I put a cup of coffee in the microwave to reheat it for a minute and ten seconds. About 15 seconds later, the microwave stopped working. I tried again, selecting "Quick Minute" and again, about 10 seconds later, it just stopped. After limping along for months, the old microwave had finally given up the ghost and needed to be replaced.

Ken found this microwave at Home Depot on Sunday, January 4th and I would have rather used one of the pictures I took of him unpacking it and setting it up – but I’d already posted my picture of the day. :-) Today I took more pictures of the new microwave and the box it came in…and this is the one I chose for Day 5 of Project 365.

Oh and, by the way, getting through two days without a microwave is more difficult than you can imagine! How did we ever do without?!

1 comment:

  1. I honestly wouldn't miss my microwave all that much, I rarely use mine.... wait a sec.... YOU'RE old microwave! LOL

    ReplyDelete