Sunday, January 25, 2009

Saturday Mornings

Most Saturday mornings, my son Adam comes by for a visit. He always calls ahead to see if I’d like a coffee and unless I’ve already had enough morning coffee, he’ll stop by Second Cup and treat me to a Caramel Corretto (“a tempting blend of creamy caramel and mellow vanilla, topped with caramel drizzle over foam”), and occasionally a fast-food breakfast bun as well. I normally drink my coffee black but I LOVE Second Cup’s Caramel Corretto; it’s a special treat once a week. Now that Michael has moved back to Edmonton and is sharing an apartment with Adam, he comes over for the Saturday morning visit as well and it was Michael who treated me to coffee yesterday morning, and also a breakfast sub from Subway! Thanks for the treats boys!

I’ve been updating my photo albums recently (pictures from 2002-03) and the boys were interested to see some of these old pictures for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. This is so special Jewel, and you make that coffee sound like I might have to take up drinking coffee after a three year break from it! :-) Now what is the secret to getting your children over to visit with you, never mind bring you special treats! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam and Michael are single guys Darlene, I think that makes a huge difference. Once they find girlfriends/wives and perhpas children one day, I doubt I'll see so much of them anymore! It's the circle of life. :-)

    ReplyDelete