Monday, January 12, 2009

The Best Slippers

I LOVE these slippers and since the beginning of this project, I knew this was one of the pictures that I wanted to take.

My sister Marilyn gave these slippers to me on November 29th, 2008. I don't see Marilyn often but she came to the family Christmas gift exchange that we had at my sister Darlene's home and brought these slippers with her. I didn't win them in the gift exchange game that we played though.

Marilyn brought them as an extra gift for me. Maybe she doesn't know it, but her gesture was special and meant a lot to me. Marilyn bought the slippers from the Hutterites in Smoky Lake. I love that they're homemade, that they're soft and cozy, and I imagine very warm - and I love the colours. In fact, I love these slippers so much that I haven't worn them yet - because I don't want to ruin them! I thought I should at least have a picture of the slippers before I start to wear them and guess what? Now that the picture has been taken, they're on my feet for the first time today, keeping my toes toasty warm.

6 comments:

  1. These are the best slippers ever! I love them soo much and I wear them everyday! They are so warm and much better than anything that you can buy in the store. Good to know where to buy them if I cannot get anymore made for me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy actually wore out her first pair, she had to get a backup pair from her mother. There are no more left after this one though. We may have to track down those Hutterites.

    AJ, how did you get a nice white background like that? It really helps the picture of the item (slippers in this case) "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shayne. I used a white background and made it even whiter in Photoshop. :-) I'm sure I'll be wearing out my slippers too, but that would make another cool picture. lol

    ReplyDelete