Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Have Mail!

A little over a week ago my cousin Angele told me she was going to send me a copy of the Peace River newspaper that has a picture of her granddaughter (and Angele’s grandma) in it and another “surprise” - and her letter is here in my mailbox today!

Our mail isn’t delivered to our door in this neighbourhood, it comes to a super mailbox. When we receive a parcel, it’s put in one of the larger compartments below and a key to that compartment is put in our mailbox. Once we remove our parcel from the larger compartment, we drop the key back in the mail slot in the upper left hand third of the super mailbox (where we can also mail letters).

Although Angele sent an envelope and not a parcel, she wrote “Photos, Do Not Bend” on the envelope, so the Canada Post delivery person put it in the parcel compartment.

I’m excited to see the picture in the newspaper - and I love surprises. I’m dying to know what else is in the envelope but I haven’t opened it yet. Clue = it might be a photo, but of who or what? I'll try to wait until tomorrow to open Angele’s letter, when I have another picture to take and I can share my surprise with you!

2 comments:

  1. I have a mailbox like that as well. I love getting things in the super big section of the super mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I want a super mailbox now too! lol Please do let me know what comes k Jewel? Thanks, good night, see you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete