Thursday, February 12, 2009

Taste of Home

Day 43

In the spring of 2002, I spent 5 days visiting my Aunt Gladys. It was the first time we’d really spent time together since I was a child and I had such a wonderful time getting to know my Aunt all over again. I’ve always thought of Auntie Gladys as a special person and absolutely the very best cook I’ve ever known. Even as a child, I remember that any food she prepared tasted like it had been prepared in heaven. :-) So of course, I had to ask my dear Auntie Gladys if she would share some of her favourite recipes with me - and she did! I was thrilled! She also introduced me to the Taste of Home magazine, which she had a subscription to.

Well – if Taste of Home magazine was good enough for the best cook in the world, then I wanted it too! As soon as I returned home, I sent for a subscription to the magazine and I’ve been enjoying it ever since. I get a 3 year subscription each time (the longest available) and I’ve had to renew twice now but it’s been worth every cent. In fact, I enjoy my Taste of Home magazine so much that I've subscribed to two more magazines from the same publisher. Can you guess what those magazines are before I show you (in future pictures)?

1 comment:

  1. I would make a guess if I knew ANYTHING about cooking!

    ReplyDelete