Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Kiss From Heaven

Day 50

One of the first times I was at Mom and Ross’s house after mom passed away and was buried, this angel caught my eye - and my heart. Most of my memories from that sad time are foggy but this one is crystal clear and I’ll never forget the feeling I felt at that moment. My heart skipped a beat because it felt exactly like mom was blowing me a kiss from heaven.

Ross let me have the angel. It’s one of my absolute favourite things because it reminds me of mom - and of that special kiss she sent me from heaven.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing Jewel, I love your picture and thanks for sharing this here. I too have foggy memories around all that transpired from the day Mom passed on until who knows when really. I do remember some vivid details yet so much is a blur, and I wasn't even drinking much at all, not at first. I wonder if it is post traumatic stress? Or is that what this would be called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I miss Grandma every day. Even though I didn't deserve it that often when I was young, she believed in me. She really believed in me. I could feel it deep down into my soul. I am so thankful for her faith in helping me be the man I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh AJ....this is so beautiful! I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete