Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Sad Day

Day 57

Near the end of the work day yesterday, we learned that Lorne Ruzicka, a coworker on our team, passed away earlier in the day. It was/is a shock to our entire team and it was an incredibly sad day at work today.

Lorne was only 54 years old and had been with the department for just over 4 years. He was fun, kind, caring and very generous; he had a great sense of humor and made the office a fun place to be! I think it’s going to take a while to absorb the full impact of our loss - Lorne will be greatly missed.

I've taken quite a few pictures around the office over the years that I've been at Justice; I took these two pictures of Lorne from my collection and taped them to the window of his office this morning.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear that. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad, he was so young. My condolences to his family.

    ReplyDelete