Sunday, July 19, 2009

More Camping Prep

July 17, 2009 - Day 198

It frustrates me that I suffer from claustrophia, but I do.

A couple years ago we bought a tent that sleeps four. It’s a great little tent but the problem is just that – it’s little and I felt too claustrophobic to sleep in it. Luckily we were only “camping” in the backyard of my sister Cathy’s home when we used it and I was able to go into the house and sleep on a bed.

Thankfully I’m not so claustrophobic that I can’t sleep in a tent at all but I do need more space around me than our four-person tent has. Ken, the good husband that he is, has been out a few times searching for a larger tent for us to use on our upcoming camping trip. He bought this eight-person, 12’ x 12’ tent at Canadian Tire tonight. He was going to set it up to check it out but even before it was set up, he realized it was poorly made and he didn’t think that the poles would hold up under any kind of inclement weather we may have. So he packed it back into the box and returned it to the store.

After returning the tent to Canadian Tire, Ken went to Sears to see what they had for tents but there was a big sale going on; the tents were picked over and he wasn’t able to find one.

1 comment:

  1. Well at least he got it figured out before he had it set up.

    ReplyDelete