Friday, June 26, 2009

Worth Waiting 50 Years For!

June 26, 2009 – Day 177

I’ll be celebrating a “special” milestone birthday this year. It doesn’t happen until the third week in November, but I received my birthday gift from Ken today. It’s the Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, my very first truly professional camera lens! It’s large and heavy (about 4 pounds with the lens hood and tripod mount) so, for correct balance, instead of the camera attaching to the tripod, the lens does.

My heart could burst with excitement yet it’s going to take a while to believe that this is really mine! :-) I’m thrilled that I’ll have time to practice using this lens before taking it along on our little vacation next month.

Someone (maybe mom?) gave me a small instamatic camera when I was 12 years old. When I saw the first printed pictures I took with that camera, I was instantly hooked on photography; it was magical to me that we were able to capture moments of time. Little did I realize then that this would become a lifelong passion!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounded like you were speaking another language there! LOL F25.8L.... What an awesome birthday gift! That's funny that this lens has to sit on the tripod, I've never seen that before, mind you I don't believe that I've ever seen anyone THAT professional with photos!

    Do you need a subject? I'd love to come over and have you take some pics, I'd love to get some new ones taken of me, especially by you! I've never had you take my photo before! Could be a fun afternoon and I'm off all next week if you have some spare time... email or call me k? lol

    Oh Cheryl posted some new pics today, check out her tiger photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is pretty slick looking. I'd be scared to break the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting for you! I can't wait to see some of the pictures that this camera takes.

    ReplyDelete