Thursday, June 25, 2009

Right Next Door to the Country

June 25, 2009 – Day 176

I walked to the end of our cul-de-sac and aimed my camera northwest. We live on the north edge of the city and I love it – but this won’t be the edge of the city forever. Development has already begun with the widening of the road to the east.

It makes me sad that the pond is almost gone, from lack of rain I suppose. Ducks have laid their eggs around the edges of the pond and it would be nice for them to have some water for their ducklings once they’ve hatched. One of the highlights of living “out here” for me is that we can hear the frogs croaking in the spring. It’s also much quieter than many parts of the city.

I’m a country girl at heart and I’m really going to miss these sights and sounds when they’re gone. Ken and Little Bear will miss their walks throughout this area as well.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were that close to the countryside. What a nice view.

    ReplyDelete