Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sitting Pretty

June 18, 2009 – Day 169

I walked around downtown for an hour at lunchtime today, looking for interesting things to take pictures of. I was surprised to discover these pigeons, and the old abandoned building they are nesting in, as I neared the end of my walk. The building is just south of the new Epcor building that’s going up on 104th Avenue and 101st Street.

When I started taking pictures, most of the pigeons flew away but it only took them a couple minutes to return and I was able to get several shots that I’m pleased with.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful picture! Awesome shot Jewel, was this with your new camera? I'm guessing that it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have 2 new cameras, the G10 that I bought in January and the D50 that I bought in May. But I think I know which one you mean. :-) It was the D50 but I'm going to have to try to fool you one of these days, becasue the G10 can take great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the exact same thing! What a stunning photo! You can sure notice the quality of this camera.

    I love how two of the birds sort of look like they are curious about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were a lot of pigeons by my building when I used to work downtown (108st, Jasper Ave). I hated them since they pooped all over the place. It would be okay if someone cleaned it up more often, but when they don't it can get pretty nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya Sandy...I LOVE how they're looking so curious like that!

    ReplyDelete