Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mini Pizzas

March 29, 2009 - Day 88

I made another 10 mini pizza crusts today (some for the freezer). We still had a lot of toppings left from last night so Ken and I had mini pizzas for supper again tonight. This is one that I made – shrimp, mushroom, onion and mozzarella cheese.

Ken and I both love the crust. Here's the recipe if any of you would like it:

Pizza Dough

1 Tbsp yeast
2 T. sugar
1 cup warm water
2 ½ c. flour (I use 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour)
½ tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes or until yeast is double in size. Use a wee bit of extra olive oil when kneading if the dough is stiff.

In a mixing bowl, combine yeast mixture with flour, salt and oil. Knead until dough forms a smooth ball. Grease a large stainless steel mixing bowl. Roll the dough in the bowl until lightly coated with grease. Cover with a tea towel and place in oven with oven light on. Let dough rise in oven until double in size, about 20 minutes. Spread dough out evenly onto a greased 12” pizza pan, pressing dough up slightly at the edge.

Roll out, brush with extra virgin olive oil, poke with fork, and prebake for 4 minutes at 425F. If bubbles rise in dough, press down carefully with cloth. Can be frozen at this point (put wax paper between each pizza). To bake: thaw if frozen, add pizza sauce and toppings of your choice. Bake until done, about 8 minutes for minis. I use 135 gms. dough for minis (makes 5 minis).

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good, I'd love to try out this recipe sometime, I'm too busy to even think about ordering pizza right now, never mind making it! Can you please email me this recipe?
    Your pictures always look so good Julie, this one makes me want a pizza and I'm not even hungry! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum! My recipe is a little easier though.

    780-473-7373 :)

    Probably doesn't taste nearly as good though.

    ReplyDelete