Monday, March 16, 2009

Broccoli Salad

March 16, 2009 - Day 75

Ken and I both fell “in love” with this broccoli salad when we first tried it. Christine’s friend Tammy brought it to Shayne and Sandy’s housewarming party in August 2007. Tammy shared her recipe with me and I’ve made it many times since, including tonight as part of supper.

Broccoli salad

5 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
6-8 slices cooked chopped bacon
½ cup raisins
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ medium red onion, chopped

Mix everything together.

Dressing:
½ cup mayo
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar

Mix dressing into salad.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, a recipe and a photo! Very nice photo, that looks so good. I would almost of gotten jealous but I'm sitting here with my crab salad for supper! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that does look yuumy! I will have to write down that recipe this time.

    ReplyDelete