Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Exhausted

March 17, 2009 - Day 76

I was exhausted when I got home from work tonight. I think it was mostly due to emotional stress since this was the day we had the memorial for Lorne at work. I rarely sleep before bedtime but I couldn’t force myself to stay awake.

I slept from 6:30 – 7:30, forced myself to get up and do a few things before I went back to bed shortly after 9:00. I got up at 5:37 this morning to get ready for work, but I could have continued sleeping.

I took this picture of myself before I actually fell asleep. I was deliciously cozy under my flannel sheets, duvet (with flannel cover), topped by another waffle blanket and a thin quilt over top of all of that.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome photo, how did you take that? With a timer? I am so sorry to hear that you are under so much emotional stress, I know first hand that this is more exhausting than physical tiredness, I can't even think of words tonight, I'm getting that burnt out but I'm going to push forward and get it all done, or at least I sure hope to!
    It's good to see that you are looking after yourself Jewel, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice picture. I like how you caught the oil lamps in the background. You look so very cozy.

    I think this is the first of you that made it into your blog? Better late than never!

    I hope the rest of your week goes a little better and you get rested up. Who knows, maybe a little more of the "S" word will show up to brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your rough day!

    I love this picture as well. I would have never thought to take this picture. And you do look very comfortable, but this would be wayyy to many blankets for me!

    ReplyDelete