Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oops!

August 26, 2009 – Day 238

I created a little makeshift “set” in the guest bedroom for my Project 365 picture last night. I covered a small old desk and large heavy mirror that sat propped up on it with black velvet fabric and set my piggybank on the fabric. When I finished taking a few shots and was carrying my piggybank back to where it belonged, I heard a thump, followed by another thump and finally a loud crash. I knew immediately what had happened and my heart sank. The first thought that crossed my mind was…seven years of bad luck! Although I only paid $20 for the mirror at a garage sale several years ago, the replacement value is probably around $200 for another mirror of the same quality – and I really liked that mirror! I closed the door and left the mirror where it fell so I could use it for my P365 picture of the day today – and now I have to go in and clean it up.

And I simply refuse to believe or accept the superstition of seven years bad luck!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww shucks, that sucks! I lol'ed a bit when I read you were making a "set" for your pics.

    ReplyDelete