Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Intentions

August 3, 2009 – Day 215

The Student Union Ticket Packs (SUTP) are great little coupon books. They cost $20 and more often than not, I buy one in the fall from someone at work. The sales from the coupon books raise money for schools in the city and if you actually use the coupons you can save a great deal of money. Every year my intentions are good. I start out being enthusiastic about the coupon book and determined to faithfully use the coupons - but it doesn’t take long for me to forget about the book altogether.

I’ve kept it at work thinking that if I go out for lunch I could use the coupons - and surely if I have the book on hand, I’ll remember to use them! But I didn’t. So I thought I’d bring it home and make an effort to check the coupons before I go shopping each week! But I haven’t.

Almost all of the coupons expire at the end of this month so I thought Adam might be able to use some of them before they do. When he came for coffee on the weekend, I offered to give him the book. He said he might not remember to use the coupons either but he would take it. When he left, the coupon book was still sitting on the kitchen table. I guess if he can’t even remember to take it with him, he probably isn’t going to remember to use the coupons any better than I am!

This year I am more determined than ever - determined NOT to buy the coupon book again!

2 comments:

  1. Funny little story!

    Sandy and I use ours a decent amount, usually just the fast food ones though. We keep it in our car so we have it on us when going through the drive-thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I actually laughed out loud!

    Shayne is really good at remembering the coupons, we would not use nearly as many if it wasn't for him!

    ReplyDelete